Clif High - PurplePower - LiveLongerLabs C60 scam
We recently experienced a surge in orders from people who were told by Clif High to buy from one of our unethical competitors, someone who does not even use Extra Virgin Olive Oil but Avocado oil or coconut oil, oils completely unproven in clinical research. Livelongerlabs has a very long page full of fake reviews. How do we know that the reviews are fake? We've been selling this product for over five years, and we are by far the largest manufacturer and vendor, still selling at the time of this writing, when all competitors have sold out due to Clif's hype. Firstly, this product does not make you notice anything, so all genuine positive reviews are due to the Placebo effect, and publishing those few genuine ones, even when true to the one making the claim, is therefore unethical. Secondly, such positive reviews are rare - we've received very few reviews where people claimed that the product performed the medical miracles one finds by the dozens on LiveLongerLab's scammy site. And certainly, those people would not want us to publish their full name.
So the vendor Clif endorses claims all kinds of miracles for his clinically unproven product, in order to sell as much as possible, with Clif High getting comission for his marketing efforts. ALL claims made by LiveLongerLabs about the properties of the product itself are FALSE. Lipofullerene C60 does NOT cross the blood-brain barrier, it does NOT rapidly leave the body, NO "Oxygen radicals" have been added to the molecule, etc. etc. It's all nonsense they're peddling to hype their extremely overpriced product. They use the term "nano" for no reason - there is no "nano" involved in C60 olive oil! The YouTube video where Clif High (not his real name - the fellow says the Moon is an artificial hollow object - he's a "make money online" scammer who seeks out and preys on the gullible), yet another grey-bearded self-appointed guru who makes unethical money online spouts his commercial hype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLrYL3rpIo
(This is how Clif High markets himself)
Our debunking of some of the
hype and nonsense:
I'm glad Clif High shed some positive light on C60-EVOO but most of what he claims is complete nonsense:
1. The rats were not "all euthanised", except for one, because it lived for nearly six years and the scientists wanted to round off the study so they could publish the article. There is a rumor they killed TWO final surviving rats.
2. Extra virgin olive oil was used because it is a good solvent for C60, not because rats like to eat it.
3. The other rats were not "fed on corn", in fact all rats received the same standardized lab rat food and the C60-EVOO rats were injected peritoneally with the C60-EVOO solution. (So, NOT into their bloodstream but absorbed from their stomach cavity into their systems like if they were eating it).
4. No radiation experiments were done with those C60-EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) rats. Rat experiments were however done with different groups of rats and C60-EVOO fully protected them against lethal levels of hepatotoxic chemicals. The claim that it protects against radiation is a tactic to sell to people who fear Fukushima radiation.
5. The rats lived very significantly longer than merely one third. They lived to 95% extra of their natural lifespans - nealy a DOUBLING of their lifespan.
6. It's not accurate to say that C60 "pulls toxins". C60 does no such thing. C60 is a truly universal antioxidant, being able to accept as well as donate multiple electrons indefinitely without degrading itself. So it nearly completely protects against free radicals of all types by electrically neutralizing the free radical molecules - forever. The biological half-time of C60-EVOO is extremely long (months) so as with the rats, it's not necessary to take it all the time.
7. There is absolutely NO "detox". In fact, one will notice no "detox effects" whatsoever, since all C60 does is completely stop free radical damage, and that can not be "felt". Neither can the non-occuring of tumor formation be felt. Or the protection of the liver against hepatotoxic chemicals.
8. It IS a good idea to start taking the product when you're young, because young people are just as exposed to free radicals as older people.
9. It is a very bad idea to use any other oil than olive oil! We will only switch to a different type of oil when scientific research shows that this oil confers at least the same antiaging and anticancer benefits to lab rats as C60-EVOO does. The reason unethical competitors disparage the original, honest products is because they need a "unique and better" product, and the perfect scam is to claim that the original product is "bad" and theirs is "improved".
It's a misunderstanding that C60 is a separate, "dissolved" chemical in the C60-EVOO product. The product is a complex molecular soup called Lipofullerene C60, where the C60 molecules are chemically bound to the lipid chains that occur in extra virgin olive oil.
Other oils are significantly different to EVOO and since the original research was done with EVOO and yielded incredible results, we see no reason and deem it risky to change to a different type of oil, esp. because there is strong consensus that real EVOO is a healthier oil. It does not make any sense to sell an inferior, unproven product just because a few people prefer a milder taste. We would consider selling such a product an immoral act.
The chemical properties of the lipid chains are important, because it is those chains that bring the anti-free-radical Buckyball molecules into the lipid bilayers of the cells and keep them there. Since it is unknown what exact lipid molecules are optimal for that, it is a very bad idea to change them to those with unknown properties. Real EVOO contains a plethora of unique lipids. Swapping them for something that has less taste does not make scientific sense. It's irrelevant that other oils have better C60-solubility - what counts is published papers that show efficacy at life extension in mammals.
Articles exposing "Clif High" as the scammer he is: https://thegreatpurification.wordpress.com/2012/03/03/clif-high-goes-the-extra-mile-to-prove-he-is-a-fraud/
In-depth analysis "Clif High's" mind and character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCnqqWoUKZE